McDonald’s is one of the most popular chains of quick-service restaurants in the world. It serves around 69 million customers through its 37000 outlets across the globe. It is estimated that McDonald’s sells about 75 hamburgers, 9 million pounds of fries per minute. The foodservice industry is always a profitable business in India. It has more than 400 outlets across the country, and almost 80-85% of Mcdonald’s outlets are operated as a franchise model.
Hence, if you are looking to start your own business, it is the right time to take a McDonald’s franchise in your city. They are looking to expand their operations pan India. In this article, you’ll get all the information relevant to McDonald’s, including its history, advantages, requirements, and how to apply for a McDonald’s franchise, etc.
- History of McDonald’s
- What is the USP of McDonald Franchise?
- Why Should You Take a Franchise of McDonald’s?
- Requirements for Starting a McDonald’s Franchise in India
- Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- Franchise Application
- Franchise Process
- Investment – How Much Does a McDonalds Franchise Cost in India?
- How to Apply for a McDonald’s Franchise?
History of McDonald’s
McDonald’s restaurant was started in San Bernardino, California, by two brothers Maurice and Richard McDonald, in the year 1948. Ray Kroc, a salesman by profession, saw an ample opportunity in McDonald’s and started a new franchise in Illinois. Seeing a huge success, he eventually acquired McDonald’s in 1961.
The brand has been identified with various brand logos over the years, including the Big Mac, Egg McMuffin, Happy Meals, and Chicken Nuggets. During the 90s, McDonald’s growth was severe that it was said that every 5 hours, a new outlet is opened somewhere in the world.
It is now one of the most popular restaurants in the world that offers affordable food in a wide range of flavors mixed with fun and excitement. It caters to people from all walks of life, including kids, youth, men & women, etc.
What is the USP of McDonald Franchise?
One of the main unique selling propositions of McDonald’s is its attitude and respect towards the local culture. The famous saying goes like “Be a Roman, while in Rome.” Similarly, McDonald’s understands the culture of its local environment and plays accordingly. It makes every effort to source all raw materials from the local market.
Another reason that McDonald’s is being liked by families around the world is that it strives hard to provide the best quality and extraordinary service. The environment is perfectly clean and pleasant to offer a comfortable dining experience to its customers. It also mainly believes in giving back. Hence, you can see McDonald’s participating in all events hosted in the local community to show they care.
Why Should You Take a Franchise of McDonald’s?
Franchise owners of McDonald’s are called “Owner Operators” and gain a lot by joining the most-loved brand in the world. When you choose to start a McDonald’s franchise, you literally gain the advantages listed below:
- You start your franchise after attending a world-class training that helps you provide the best-in-class service to your customers.
- By choosing McDonald’s franchise, you automatically get connected with 1000’s of other franchisees in the country.
- The company also provides a full-range of support to its owner-operators, right from business operations training, supply-chain management along with world-class marketing support.
- Since McDonald’s is already a famous brand, you don’t need to spend any money on brand-advertising or marketing, etc.
- McDonald’s guarantees you with the highest rate of returns on your investment.
- Gain access to the best suppliers in the country for running your franchise successfully
Requirements for Starting a McDonald’s Franchise in India
Starting a McDonald’s franchise is not an easy task and would need pretty significant investment. So, if you are ready to make a hefty investment, then please read on to know about the prerequisites you need to have before applying for a franchise.
Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
Before you start applying for a franchise, you need to read the Franchise Disclosure Document from McDonald’s. It is a 375-page document that provides transparent information about the costs, location, eligibility, etc. You can either purchase the FDD or do a simple google search and download it.
Applying for a McDonald’s franchise is a bit tricky as you cannot approach them directly to start a franchise. They have authorized two persons, including Mr. Vikram Bhakshi and Mr. Amit Jatia, to sell franchises in India. So it would be best if you started applying only to these two persons to getting a McDonald’s franchise in India.
While Amit Jatia looks after all franchise-related stuff in South India, Mr. Vikram Bhakshi is tasked with taking care of north and east India. So, if you are planning to open a franchise in North India, you need to contact Mr. Vikram Bhakshi.
To application and approval process is a bit lengthy as detailed below:
- The first step is to send a franchise application ant one of the two authorized persons based on the region you wish to open the franchise.
- Once your application is reviewed along with the other documents you submit, you will be interviewed over the phone.
- Once you clear the phone interview, you will be sent to any McDonald’s franchise nearby to learn about the working of a franchise.
- Finally, you need to go through a final level of the interview in person with McDonald’s team. If you pass, you are eligible to start the franchise.
Investment – How Much Does a McDonalds Franchise Cost in India?
When it comes to franchise investment, it reaches nearly around 6 to 14 crores INR roughly. Apart from the acquisition, the franchise owner needs to pay 30 lakhs INR as franchise fee along with a 4% royalty fee to McDonald’s.
How to Apply for a McDonald’s Franchise?
To starting a McDonald’s franchise in your city, you need to apply here:
Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.
1001 – 1002, Tower – 3, 10th floor, Indiabulls Finance Centre, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road, Mumbai – 400013, Phone No: 022 – 49135000
McDonald’s is a popular quick-service and is one of the most-loved brands in the country. If you are thinking about starting your own business and you are not worried about investment, then you easily apply for a Mcdonald’s franchise. It is the best time to open a McDonald’s franchise because they are looking to expand in a big way so that you have every chance to grab a franchise of your own.
I hope the information provided above has given you all the details you needed to start a McDonald’s franchise. If you still have any queries or suggestions, we would be happy to hear from you.
Related Fast-Food Franchise Opportunities
- How to Get a KFC Franchise in India
- How to Get a Barbeque Nation Franchise in My City
- How to Get Jumbo King Franchise in My City
- How to Get Goli Vada Pav Franchise in My City