Patanjali Ayurved is a popular consumer goods company promoted by the famous yoga guru, Baba Ramdev. Patanjali brands are very popular among Indians as their products are produced through herbomineral preparations and goes through several quality checks.
Patanjali is an FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) that offers its customers with a diverse range of products, including foods, beverages, cosmetics, over-the-counter drugs, books, consumables, DVDs, etc. at affordable prices.
People looking to open a Patanjali franchise should read this article till the very end as we will be providing every information you need to know about how to get Patanjali Distributorship in India.
- History of Patanjali Ayurveda
- Why Patanjali is So Popular Among India?
- Why Should You Take a Distributorship of Patanjali Products?
- Natural Food Products
- Natural Health Care
- Ayurvedic Medicines
- Herbal Home Care
- Personal Care
- Patanjali Publication
- Key Benefits of Running a Patanjali Store Franchise
- Requirements for Starting a Patanjali Franchise in India
- Area Requirement
- Investment – How Much Does a Patanjali Distributorship Cost in India?
- Other Requirements
- How to Apply for a Distributorship of Patanjali?
- Final Thoughts
History of Patanjali Ayurveda
Launched in 2006, Patanjali Ayurved Ltd is owned by Balkrishna. Patanjali took the Indian consumer market by storm with its range of herbal and Ayurveda products. In Sanskrit, the term “Ayurveda” means the science of life.
Many Indians still believe that Ayurveda is one of the oldest sciences related to healing. The main objective behind the launch of Patanjali is to combine Ayurveda with the latest technology to provide Indian consumers with the best in class Ayurveda products.
Why Patanjali is So Popular Among India?
Even though the company got hugely popular for its sale of natural Ayurveda products, Baba Ramdev was also a huge contributor in taking the name Patanjali among the masses. Apart from 4700 retail stores across the country, Patanjali also runs an online store for customers to place their orders online.
Patanjali was ranked 18th place in the “Most Trusted Brands in India.” The company caters to around 2500 products, and recently apparel is also added to the list of products.
Why Should You Take a Distributorship of Patanjali Products?
Patanjali is a popular brand, and people are willing to buy any new products launched through that brand. Started with just ayurvedic and herbal products, the brand now offers its customers a wide range of products, including:
Natural Food Products
Patanjali stores provide its customers with nutritional food products, including rice, herbal tea, biscuits, papad, sweets, candy, jam, and spices, etc.
Natural Health Care
Patanjali also offers its customers with naturally developed health care products including chyawanprash, honey, diet foods, health drinks, digestives, badam pak, etc. These health care items are one of the best-selling items in Patanjali.
The list of products in this category cannot be found anywhere at these prices, and the products include kawath, bhasma, churna, pishti, syrup, lep, vati, and other packages for several diseases.
Herbal Home Care
Welcome your guests with the best-smelling agarbathis and dhoops from Patanjali. They also offer other home care products made using herbal materials, including hawan samagri, pooja essentials, toiletries, dishwash bar, and gel.
This category contains some of the fast-moving products that include skin care products, body, dental care, hair care, eye care, and Shishu care, etc.
Patanjali has also introduced a wide range of books and media that include popular books like “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”, “Vedanta Philosophy”, “Yoga Sastra” etc.
Key Benefits of Running a Patanjali Store Franchise
Taking a Patanjali Dealership can come with a lot of benefits, including:
- Under the Food Park Scheme, the Indian government has recognized Patanjali products, and that could be used as a major selling point
- And when you start a Patanjali franchise, you don’t need to invest any funds for advertising and marketing as already the brand is hugely popular in the country.
- People will simply buy products just because it comes from Patanjali. Such is the popularity of the brand.
- The annual revenue of Patanjali is estimated to be around 5000 crores.
- To make more profits for its franchisees, Patanjali owns farmland and grows itself most of the raw materials and also purchases some directly from farmers, which means the agents and intermediaries are removed.
- The profit margin for franchisees across various product categories range from 10-20%
- It is estimated that Patanjali Franchise are making a gross turnover of around 20,000-25000 daily.
- Patanjali has more than 15000 outlets throughout the country and planning to expand to every city, towns, and districts to reach the magic number of 1,00,000 stores.
Requirements for Starting a Patanjali Franchise in India
If you are thinking of taking a Patanjali franchise in your city, then please read carefully the requirements that need to be fulfilled:
To get a Patanjali Store Franchise, one needs to have an area requirement of 300-2000 sq, ft.
Investment – How Much Does a Patanjali Distributorship Cost in India?
The total cost required to open the franchise may vary between 7-70 lakhs. Patanjali Megastores are only allowed in major cities. A security deposit of 5 lakhs needs to be made during the application process.
Other requirements include that the applicant should not be convicted by the law due to any wrongdoings. He/She also needs to be a law-abiding citizen for Patanjali to consider his application for review.
How to Apply for a Distributorship of Patanjali?
To open a Patanjali Franchise, there are various ways to apply, including:
Apply Through The Website
You can go to their official website and download the form found here – Patanjali Ayurved Mega Store Form
Apply Through Email
You can also email them for any queries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even though email inquiries take time for Patanjali to respond, you can still expect a reply sometime soon.
Visiting Their Office or Contact Through Phone
Head Office Address
Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Haridwar, Uttarakhand – 249401
Patanjali Franchise Contact Number
1800 180 4108
Patanjali is one of the leading FMCG brands in India, and that is a clear indicator that any person investing in that business will get guaranteed results. It is estimated that people starting a franchise will start marking profits in less than two years of their investment. But obtaining a Patanjali mega store franchise is not an easy task, and you will be scrutinized at various levels, and people showing real interest and passion will get the chance to open a franchise.
If you are thinking about opening a Patanjali Franchise, then this is the right time, as the company is looking to expand its wings, and you could become a proud owner of a Patanjali franchise in no time. I hope we’ve given every information you need to open a Patanjali franchise. If You Still have any question then please leave it in the feedback section below.
Related Retail Franchise Business Opportunities
- How to Get a FirstCry Franchise in My City
- How to Open a Miniso Franchise in India
- How to Take a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership in My City
- How to Get a Lenskart Franchise in My City