India is considered the third-largest consumer of oil and energy products after China and the US. India also has the second-largest oil and gas refinery in Asia.
A recent survey indicates that there are more than 64000 petrol pump outlets in India. Hence, a petrol pump business is always a profitable business as the Indian automobile industry accounts for around 6-8% in the world market.
In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at How to Take a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership in India. We’ll provide every information you need, including:
- A Brief History of Reliance Industries
- What is the USP of Reliance Petroleum Ltd?
- Why Should You Get a Dealership of Reliance Petrol Pump?
- What Is the Difference Between a Franchise and a Dealership?
- Requirements for Starting a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership in India
- Area Requirement
- Experience & Skills
- Staff Requirement
- Investment – How Much Does a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership Cost in India?
- How to Apply for Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership?
- Final Thoughts
A Brief History of Reliance Industries
Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) is owned by Mukesh Ambani and is headquartered in Mumbai. RIL owns various businesses in India and across the globe, including petroleum, textiles, telecommunications, energy, etc.
In 1991, RIL started Reliance Petroleum ltd, and the Jamnagar Refinery in Gujarat is one of the world’s largest oil refinery as it produces around 1.24 million barrels per day.
The refinery was commissioned in 1999 at a total cost of 6 billion USD. RIL is one of the world’s biggest corporations and ranked in the 106th place in Fortune Global 500 companies list.
Suggested Reading – How to Get Jio DTH Distributorship or Franchise in My City
What is the USP of Reliance Petroleum Ltd?
One of the major USP of Reliance Petroleum is that Mukesh Ambani is the richest person in Asia and ranked 17th in the World’s Richest Person list. RIL is the first company in the country to exceed a market capitalization of $100 billion.
The name Reliance is popular across every nook and corner of the country. Some of the other significant aspects of Reliance Petroleum Ltd are:
- Reliable and trusted company
- The largest player in the oil & gas sector
- Reliance only employs highly knowledgeable and skilled people in their franchise
- RIL is listed in the Fortune 500 companies
- RIL is known to utilize the latest and advanced state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology for everything
Why Should You Get a Dealership of Reliance Petrol Pump?
Owning a Reliance Petrol outlet franchise provides a lot of advantages, including:
- The franchise is open 24×7 and hence guaranteed profits
- Reliance petrol pumps are renowned for a knowledgeable and courteous staff
- Latest and advanced equipment to provide customers with the exact quantity of petrol at all times
- Supports various payment options
- Every petrol pump outlet needs to have a free drinking water facility, clean toilets to facilitate customers
- Provides customers with various products, including petrol diesel, auto LPG and other petrol lubricant products, etc.
- Air service is provided for free to customers
What Is the Difference Between a Franchise and a Dealership?
People looking to cut-down on start-up costs, advertising, and marketing costs look to get associated with an already successful business through a dealership franchise. But there are a lot of differences between a dealership and a franchise.
In many ways, a dealership is mostly preferred because you can run the business according to their wish. But a franchise is seen as part of the brand or the parent company. Hence, the franchise needs to abide by the rules and guidelines set by the parent company. While a dealership can choose their own prices, a franchise cannot.
A franchise needs to pay a royalty fee to the parent company, while it is not the same with a dealership. Another major difference between a franchise and a dealership is that the franchise needs to buy a certain number of products from the parent company or only sell products prescribed by the parent company.
Requirements for Starting a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership in India
If you are thinking of opening a Reliance Petrol Pump Retail Outlet Dealership, then please read carefully the requirements that need to be fulfilled:
To get a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership, you need to have a minimum area measuring around 800 Sq. Ft., if you are opening on a highway. If you are planning to open in the city, then you need to have at least 1500 sq. Ft of space. One of the crucial requirements is that the location you choose to set up the petrol pump dealership is that there should be no petrol pump nearby.
To start a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership, the person needs to be an Indian Citizen and must be between the age of 21-55 years.
Experience & Skills
Reliance Petroleum Ltd. will provide the required training to the franchise managers in terms of managerial and back-office to run the outlet successfully. The franchise owner is also responsible for adhering to the rules and guidelines of the parent company.
To open a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership, the franchisee needs to have a minimum of 3 station manager, 6-8 petrol pump attendants along with two air-pressure attendants, etc.
Investment – How Much Does a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership Cost in India?
The total cost required to open the dealership may vary between 50-70 lakhs that includes the dealership fee, security deposit and the infrastructure, equipment,
How to Apply for Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership?
To get a petrol pump dealership of reliance, one needs to fill out an application and submit it online. The application form can be found at Reliance Petroleum Business Enquiry Page. Reliance Petroleum will contact you with further details if your eligibility criteria meet their requirements.
Starting a dealership is highly profitable because you don’t need to pay a royalty fee or any commission for running the business. The dealership can decide on their own the services they offer apart from the ones prescribed by Reliance. That is one of the major reasons that Reliance Petrol Pump dealership is viewed as a lucrative business.
I hope we’ve given every information you need to open a Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership. If you still have any queries, then please let us know in the feedback section below.
Related Retail Franchise Business Opportunities
- How to Take Dealership of Patanjali Products
- How to Get a Tanishq Franchise in My City
- How to Get MI Store Franchise in My City